Friday, February 08, 2008

Project Spectrum 2008

I didn't even realize there was a third round of PS until this morning, but my current WIP fits in perfectly with the theme for Feb and March.

This year, the theme is Elements, and I just happened to start Cider Moon's Ring of Fire hat this week.


rof wip

It's been a while since I've done any stranded knitting, and it's addictive. I have no desire to work on any other WIPs, and can't seem to set this down. I'm hoping to get it done today.

I'm using stash yarn for this. The black is from a recycled merino sweater, and the variegated is some discontinued Thick and Thin from Handpainted Yarn, in Col China. The colors are rather jarring in the skein, but perfect when toned down by the black.

I cut out a repeat to compensate for the larger gauge. I didn't swatch this, which is very out of character, so I'm just hoping it will fit. If not, I can tuck it away for future gifting.

3 comments:

Lolly said...

i saw this pattern and thought it was such a fitting knit for PS Elements! great colors you chose too! maybe i can fit this into my own queue before the end of this PS cycle :)

cheers~

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love that color combo!