Friday, February 17, 2006

Knitting Olympics

I missed the deadline to officially join, but figured I'd go ahead. Giving sweater knitting a try! http://knitlist.com/96gift/giftlutzlingsweater.htm
Got off to a late start, then decided to start over with nicer yarn. I didn't think there was any way I'd finish.

It seems I have underestimated my knitting speed and ability! Despite not starting until Sunday, and having a heck of a cold, I've made a LOT of progress!



Just a couple more inches on the left sleeve, then time to join body and sleeves!

Wonder of wonders, it seems I can do stranded knitting:


That top row needs to be tightened a bit, but no puckering, and no knots.
If I can manage to get any knitting in today before taking Boy Wonder south, I may have updates by tomorrow!

No comments: