Friday, July 13, 2007

Aha!

Success! No, nothing fiberly. Most of my usual knitting/computer time since the 4th of July has been spent convincing the little yowler under my house that I am generally not going to bite. Just enough food and water to tempt the little bugger. Yesterday, I got within 4 feet and was pretty proud of myself. Tonight I had the stroke of genius to add some playthings to the mix. A little dangling of a bell on a length of yarn convinced it to taste the food straight from the scoop by my leg and - Gotcha!

After a few minutes of unbelievably loud crying, I gave a good ear/head rub, and was rewarded with an equally loud purr.

I think it came from the house behind us, but they really don't seem concerned about it. In fact, they went away for a 3-day weekend. We have 2 cats already, so keeping it would mean 1) convincing He-Who-Tolerates-Cats; 2) making sure it's not going to pass anything icky to the bigguns; 3) making sure said bigguns don't eat it as a tasty after-dinner snack.


I should be able to get back to the knitting now that the subterranean mewling and the insane heat are done. I have some fun news, an FO or two, and some WIPs to share.

For now, I'm off to give one more backrub to the fuzzball and then bed.

No comments: